The site is for project management practitioners, academics and amateur theorists. This is a site about the field of project management for people who love the subject. Our site includes the following topics:
This site is about...
- The practice or profession of Project Management, including:
- Specific practices within Project Management or frameworks.
- Project management theory.
- Project management methodologies and implementations.
- Project management frameworks, including (but not limited to):
- How to use a Project Management tool you already have to solve a specific process problem you're facing.
This site is NOT about...
- Opinion polls, search-type questions, or anything else that isn't likely to elicit a canonical answer.
- Recommendations for blogs, books, links, or general terminology. (Just take a look at our top users' profiles! Many of them maintain popular, knowledgeable blogs.)
- Tool recommendations. (See if your question might be on-topic at Software Recommendations SE instead.)
- General workplace issues. (See The Workplace SE for workplace-related questions.)
- Shopping Questions in general.
- Individualized career or certification advice.
- Homework questions that depend on what answer the instructor may think is correct.
- Test questions that depend on what the test designer thinks is correct.
- Product questions related to market such as prices, marketing or product positioning.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
Project Management Stack Exchange is a community-run Q&A site, run by the community, with rigorous discussions about the site itself taking place on our Project Management Meta. Welcome to our site!
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Project Management Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.