I'm about to take over an IT team that lacks organisation between members.
The employees are as follows:
- Part time lead software developer & team leader; Onsite; (Me)
- Full time IT all rounder (Helpdesk, low level sysadmin, software development); Onsite
- Contracted system administrator; Off site; Moderately expensive
- Contracted database administrator; Off site; Expensive
- Contracted system administrator; Off site; Expensive
I need to optimise my time managing this team since I'm doing majority of development for our systems and I'm part time (3-4 days a week). I therefore have a few questions:
- What overarching advice could you give managing a remote team?
- I use agile scrum (online board) in my own development, should I integrate this team into a my scrum board so we can track issues between ourselves in sprints?
- If so, should I use a single board for the whole team or split it up?