I also asked the question at software recommendations stack exchange. Please consider answering there since this seams to be the right place.
I'm looking for a simple PM software that is installed on our own server and allows time tracking.
I only need:
- several projects
- several users (10-20)
- several tasks per project
- time tracking, i.e. how much time was spent on each task and how much time was estimated beforehand, and ability to add some comment on a task (e.g. why it did take longer)
- web interface would be an advantage (since we have Macs and Windows machines)
- Outlook integration would be an advantage, but is not necessary
- simple overview and maybe warnings if some task is not in budget
- a software that can be installed on our server
I don't need to upload files, email, GANTT charts, chat, wiki and the other stuff. The team is all on site and uses other tools for file exchange, mail etc.
It should be only really simple to enter the time one spent on a task since this is by far the most common task and done by most people.
The product hasn't to be free but should not be too expensive - a monthly fee or initial costs of more than 1000€ will definitely be a show-stopper.
I would be grateful if you could provide me some links since I have found no solution that allows all of that.