In my role I need to manage two types of projects
- standard development projects (software/coding)
- operations related projects (IT/Vendors/Marketing - no coding involved)
In the first one, we slowly trying to adopt Agile using Pivotal Tracker
But on the second one, because this is more ops related and majority of the stakeholders are non-techs, some have adopted Asana at their own initiatives.
My question does it make any sense at all to move ops type work to Pivotal when the work involved are in "sprints" - just to dos with due dates. My own thoughts that I need help on are
- The work that works in Asana wont be compatible with Pivotal style
- Getting non-techs understand Pivotal is a huge barrier
- On the other hand, trying to manage these projects in different tools makes its hard to track progress and resources.