When choosing an IT-contractor I have only vague ideas on how I can discern the quality of an IT-firm. Below I gather some criteria I have thought about and would like to know if those points are essential and what else I might have to consider:
The cooperation should potentially include a software project (e.g. a Webshop, connected via back office to production states like availability of material) and long-term support including smaller adjustments of firm-intern, software-based processes.
The criteria of a qualified IT contractor might be:
- contact and exchange with developers or team leader during development on a regular basis is available
- if mother tongue is not the same: minimum language requirement English
- if not locally available: find out how communication is established
- if contractor is an outsourcing and consulting company for software development: communication with team leader/ programmer must be possible
- contacting other customers of the IT firm to find out about there experience
What else is important to check or ask? What are (kind of) standard qualities an IT contractor should deliver?