I am trying to automate a manual process in my organization. There's one component which has a very repetitive coding. So i decided to automate it. Before jumping on to the automation, I want to quantify my reasons for automation. So i decided to come up with a set of metrics.
Consider 3 sub-components within the main component.
Every sub-component can have two parameters:
- Frequency of repetitiveness of code(rated 1-5; 5 being highest) and
- manual effort (rated 1-5; 5 being highest).
Depending on these two parameters, I can devise an automation index.
Some facets of the question:
- how to devise the automation index which gives me a rating so as to help automate a particular sub-component?
- Do i multiply or add the values from frequency and effort?
- Are these parameters sufficient for my scenario?
Please Advise!! :)