My company deals with creative tasks, which by default are difficult to automate:
- graphic design
- video editing / post-production
- audio composition & sound effects
On the other side, for about 8 hours/day we have:
- 7 computers
that essentially produce nothing during the night time.
There are many macro scripts that can automate certain processes, so that the computers can be used during the night time. A few examples include:
- Creating videos with infographics from Excel spreadsheets (video)
- Applying actions to multiple photos using Photoshop Action Scripts (graphic design)
- Batch processing (audio)
There are also certain operations within the creative tasks that could be evaded by using templates.
- How do you manage to automate repetitive tasks within your organization/processes?
- What would be your strategic approach to creating value by using both human and CPU resources?
- Steering the business into the usage of human creative tasks or automating as much processes are possible, depending on the computing power? Would you prefer working with people or machines?