When I set a Auto scheduled task to Start date : 07/05/2015 , and Duration to 12 month. I get a Finish date of 07/06/2016.

There is a problem ! The finish day is supposed to be : 07/05/2015.

I checked the MyUserCalendar , it is set to All days are working days even weekends. And in File > Options > Schedule > Days per month set to 30.

I don't know where is the problem ? any idea ?

PS: I am using Microsoft Project 2013.

1 Answer 1


Actually if you explicitly set days per month to 30, then by adding 12 months you would have "June 29, 2016" as the finish date.

By adding 365 days to that task you will get "July 4, 2016" and not "July 5, 2016" as you expect since 2016 is a leap year.

The deviation to your date might be the amount of hours per day or even the time the activity starts.

  • found it , the problem was from the amount of hours per day , thank you
    – user17770
    Commented Jul 28, 2015 at 10:26
  • glad I could help :-)
    – user16743
    Commented Jul 28, 2015 at 10:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.