Within a project, we develop an application. The project is set up as follows:
- The overall application is divided into four different "level". We completed one of those levels in four month.
- We use scrum with a one week sprints-duration incl. estimation of complexity. But we miss often our sprint goal and shift tasks to the next week.
The project team consists of:
- One consultant and PM
- Three developers: Two are developing the back-end and one is developing the front-end part of the application
- One remote developer for front-end tasks
- There is also a subcontractor company for some tasks.
Our plan for the close future is:
- Finish two other "levels" within one month (we working on one of these "level" for two months aleready). The focus shifted from back-end to front-end work (where we have just one developer, incuding one remote developer)
- We are aware that the schedule is quite tight
What would be the best way to deal with this situation, taking the team constellation and the scheduling into account?
I am thinking of switching to Kanban for the entire project, like here