I an an Agile Coach and Scrum Master for a development team.
One of developers has become impossible to work with because of her attitude towards in particular me and I am not sure how to handle it.
Any advice would be most welcomed!
- I have only been working with this team for 3 weeks
- Team member has said that I have a boring approach to coaching the team and that the previous coach was more fun
- Team member speaks up and criticizes every single initiative I present to the team
- Team member questions everything and flails between arguments. She doesn't fight one particular point or point of view, she fights for the sake of fighting.
- Team member is not a team player and is unwilling to work as a team, very arrogant and always tells the team that she is always right.
- Team member is not professional at all. Other team members from other team members are difficult, but they are at least professional.
- I would use an analogy for this team. Imagine a bunch of football players who were not interested in playing a game of football, they just wanted to kick the ball around. Now add me, their coach.
I am at odds as I presume this is my job to sort this out.
- The team is using Kanban and a couple of Agile development methods like XP, BDD etc. So they have a Kanban board, WIP limits etc
- Initiatives I was referring too were for example coaching them about WIP limits, Kaizen time, high quality demo's etc
- I think the team member works ok with the team, it is primarily about me, so I guess you could say she is a team player as I am not part of the team. She does not share her knowledge constructively no.
- My role is very clear, but I guess because there is no strong team manager or team lead, I am trying to compensate for this, by doing things which are not part of my role. My role includes providing transparency about how the team is doing in terms of cycle time, process, coach and foster learning, mediate conflicts, remove impediments or flag to management, deliver coaching on all aspects of self organisation, support backlog refinement.