What are the definitions, and examples of to show the differences between: Vision, Business outcome, Goal, Objective, Requirement, Scope, Product.
One by one
- Vision: in simple words, a dream or a big picture of future. For example You are doing this job to diminish poverty in the world.
- Objectives: To diminish the poverty, you have to set reachable objectives. Usually using KISS & SMART
- Business Outcome: You have to perform many projects in order to achieve your Objectives. What will you get from Project A, B, and C? these project Outcomes
- Goal: sets of small, reachable, and measurable objectives withing your programs, projects, or daily tasks. Total sums of Goals could be Objectives.
- Requirement: Diminishing Poverty in the world needs resources (Money, Support, Labour, Time). In other words, the requirement is all you need to make that objective reachable.
- Scope: you have to do a lot of works and not to do some works to achieve your goals, and ultimately your objectives.
- Product: after all these efforts, you created a box. A box can hand over to poor people and boom; they will be rich. That box is product :)
I think you can figure out the dependency and the interrelationship of them yourself :)
cheers, Rasoul Baghban, PMP