I have been working in a Scrum team for more than 1 year. As this is my first job and have no previous experience so can't compare with anything else, so thought of asking here.
We have a basic Scrum team setup. Total 7 engineers, 5 developers, 1 QA and one designer. 3 developers are seniors with +4yr experience, and 2 I and another are juniors, 1yr experience.
We do sprint planning, estimate stories. But the seniors don't much work. We juniors do at least 60+% of the work in each sprint.
I have below problems, if any body can guide with them all.
- Seniors don't work but take all the credit.
- People outside of team don't know who worked on what, like management and other teams. So they think all work is done by seniors.
- They pick a story, and keep it with them for two whole weeks and just make them self look busy.
- Scrum master praises them in meetings, I don't know why.
- They have good communication skills, so they just communicate well and every body thinks they did all the work.
I want to know.
- Is this common in Scrum teams?
- What can I do in this scenario.
- If I raise a complain to Scrum Master, he will just say that Scrum is all about team, team works not individuals.
- Any guide you can give me if you have ever been in a situation like this.