I run a small web development company in Australia looking for a project management system. We've been looking for a while and haven't really found any that cover issues mentioned below.
I'd like to ask if anyone had any recommendations.
I looked at:
- Liquid Planner
and quite a few others.
We manage a number of projects, and each project may have a number of different contractors, and the client, all of whom are spread around the globe. We want do the following
- Restrict access for certain contractors to only certain projects
- Restrict contractor access to parts of the project, e.g. financials
- Restrict contractor access to be able to only view tasks assigned to them and perhaps the project outline and certain documents
- Provide client access to the project area to submit their own issues, bug reports, and tasks etc – these are not visible to the contractor until assigned to them.
- Assign client bug reports, tasks etc to contractors
- Restrict client access to see only certain parts of the project eg tasks assigned to them, documents etc
So as we work with certain contractors and a client.
Contractor A can't see contractor B’s tasks or client tasks.
Contractor B can't see contractor A's tasks or the clients tasks.
Client can't see contractor As tasks or Contractor B tasks.
Please let me know what you'd suggest re:above requirements
As we are just about to sink beneath the surface managing stuff with outlook!