There are some levels of Six Sigma:
- Green belt - foundation level in Six sigma. I suppose you are taking first level of Six Sigma, so you are looking for Green belt certification.
- Black belt
- Master black belt
For each belt, all most all the Six sigma institute will provide you the 5-6 days classroom training and one written exam for certification. In 5-6 days training it is not possible to attain the perfection. As a result, you need to learn & prepare mostly by yourself. But when coming to class, try to learn with trainers who have real, practical experience in Six Sigma.
So, here are some criteria to choose Institute to take course:
- The organization's background+ course curriculum and the capabilities for the course
- Faculty profile (VERY IMPORTANT – I will explain below)
There is no point in learning a subject like Six Sigma from a person who doesn't have practical experience of implementation. Even from the very well-known service providers for Six Sigma training, some trainers are also in the "learning mode". After all, these companies are also commercial organizations and they also need to train their own trainers. There is no harm in them doing this but all the time, this is done at the cost of the participants.
The trainer is more important than the training company. Some criteria to choose a trainer:
- Projects & Achievement. If his projects are similar to yours, it’s good news.
- Years of applying Six Sigma
Following are some famous Institutes that you should check out, together with price for Green belt:
- ASQ (Price : ASQ MEMBERS $288 | NON-MEMBERS $438 | RETAKES $238)
- Vskills (Govt Certification ) (Price : 4,500)
- KPMG (Price : 23,000). (KPMG provides training programs in Lean Six Sigma and recognized by 154 countries)
- Indian Statistical Institute (Price : 9,776 )
- Simplilearn (Price : 12,999)
- Getcertgo (Price : 26,000)
- BSI group (Price : 28,000)
My last advice: Learning by doing is the best way of gaining/enhancing knowledge. Merely completing the certification might not increase your career opportunities but the methodology will change the way you think and execute. It gives different perspective/view to the process you are working and instills quality mindset in you.