I am writing a template story document and want to include as many elements as will make for useful, generic stories. Currently, this includes:
- Story number
- Points estimate (fibonacci)
- State (to do, in dev, done, etc)
- Blocked flag
- Short description
- Tech notes (bullet point items purely for reference)
- Acceptance criteria (bullet point items to be ticked off before testing)
- Scenarios (Given When Then for each unique use case)
- User journeys (Optional variations as numbered steps which an be applied to the scenarios to provide variations on tests)
My question is: Should I be avoiding User Journeys altogether or do they still have a place in this sort of story?
Also, am I missing anything which might jump out at you as a developer or story author?