I am expecting to host my first job interview soon. We received lots of CVs for a PHP Programmer, and the best one that fits our needs was invited to the interview.
The issue for me is that this is the first one, and I need to prepare carefully as my decision will basically form the final decision for this applicant.
I decided to take the other PHP Programmer working with us, who is really experienced, and asked him to prepare 3 simple tasks to test his skills. Regarding the technical point of view, he will help me with the decision. My goal is to decide if he has the right personality; he will work remotely (not in the office) so I need to know the following answers:
- If he will work with us 8 hours everyday (good self-discipline)
- If the communication via e-mails, phone and messengers will be effective
- If he can work well with the designer (he mentioned in his CV that his previous website(s) was designed by himself)
- If he is fine to work with either Agile or Waterfall (whatever is necessary)
- If he is solution oriented, not only a programmer that follows instructions
Like mentioned, from the technical side, the other programmer will help.
I would highly appreciate every idea - thank you in advance.