We want to track user activity on this screen (attached image) i.e.
- close button click (top-right)
- User's tap on textbox (Type your city)
- User's click on Detect my location
If we follow INVEST criteria, each of the above 3 is an independent story. As a rule, we give minimum 1 point to each story. Our team feels that these three are trivial tasks and it's not worth to give three points combined to these, it's just 1 point effort to execute all 3. We have following choices:
- Create 3 separate stories and give 1 point to each: This would go with the INVEST criteria but the execution is not complex enough for 3 points. This might show increased velocity which is not actually the case here.
- Create 1 story for above 3 things and give 1 point in total: We are combining multiple stories here but estimation is as per the complexity.
Note: This is a simple example and it's not just about 3 stories of 1 point, there might be 15 such stories.
Question is - how should we break the stories and estimate them in such cases?