I am the ScrumMaster of an engineering team. My opinion is that 2 of the team members are not performing at a level which I would expect. This opinion is formed with the following information:
- Daily stand-ups: they are generally not progressing through tasks and getting involved in sprint work like the others are.
- They are very pessimistic and constantly telling the other team members that it will be impossible to deliver on their sprint commitments.
- They truly find almost everything a joke and the constant failure to deliver on sprint commitments a failure
- The other team members are active and productive, constantly raising their views, speaking up, picking up new work and keeping the team moving forward
- They don't appear to be interacting, pairing and being productive for most of the day.
My question is, when (if ever) is it appropriate for a Scrum Master to bring these views to the attention of management or do I just continue trying to get the team to evolve and deal with this on their own?