I've been working for 4 years in IT field (as Developer and QA Lead) and I've just joined this company on Sept 2018 as System Analyst.
Here are some background of the company and the project we are doing at this moment:
- Company has CMMI Level 3 certification.
- The team are consists of developers who just joined the company 2 months ago, while the PM been working for the company for 8 years.
- Project initiated 2 months ago.
- This project has no fundamental concepts / base for demo
- The team is practicing agile methodology (My first time with agile)
This is what I noticed about current SOP/Workflow of the team:
- All user requirements has not been properly documented and signed-off so far.
- After gathered requirements, the PM instructed developers to code the solution (according to PM's idea/visualization), while the solutions has not been documented yet and discuss with client for confirmation.
- While solutions are either still in development stage or has been completed for demo, PM send the designed process flow to client for reviews. Client feedback with changes (sometimes minor, sometimes major) and PM requested the team to modify according to feedback within next few hours / days.
- PM always received call from client, after the call, 90% of the time there will have some changes (modify existing features or add new features) on the system, and sometimes the team need to get it done in next few hours / days.
- Today the PM discussed this Idea A with me and the developers. I've documented it and send to PM for reviews. After next few days, when we mentioned about Idea A, the PM will questioned why are we using Idea A as it is wrong, and requested us to change to Idea B.
Is this a healthy project management? I've voiced my concerns to the PM that we should have proper documentation (URS, FRS and etc) and sign off to prevent frequent changes of ideas/request and to buy time for developers, but the PM said this client does not bother about it and will not follow the procedures. What should we do to handle these scenarios?