I am a consulting manager leading over 25 personnel to manage the infrastructure on a Navy Base. The team is currently segmented into Scrum Teams with:
- 5 SW Devs doing bug fixes and rewriting apps
- 2-3 Cyber security personnel
- 8-9 System Admins performing IT duties and installing new apps
- 4 personnel doing Network Admin, debug & new apps and
- 5-6 providing Level 2 Help Desk perssonnel handling inputs, and making system upgrades.
As Government Contractors many of the Scrum artifacts and methods are useful in the sustainment effort well suited for Kanban. Each team uses a Product Backlog, weekly Sprint Planning and Customer demos. I enforce the weekly demos, though most teams have incomplete products, to ensure each team makes weekly commitments and we get weekly customer feedback.
Maybe Kanban boards posted to the walls or in JIRA would provide sufficient transparency and commitment. I would appreciate feedback from folks in a similiar IT support situation. I may be too much of a micro-manager.