there! First time user here!
Given that we have three Jira projects:
- USERS, which users use to enter issues;
- BACKEND, which is internal to our backend team;
- FRONTEND, which is internal to our Frontend team
Our flow today is as follows:
- User enters a ticket into the USERS project
- The PM creates two linked issues: one for the BACKEND project, and one for the FRONTEND project.
- The PM links the BACKEND ticket as "blocks" the FRONTEND ticket.
- Both the BACKEND and the FRONTEND tickets go into the usual backlog/sprint process
My problem today is on the handout process. The FRONTEND team has to wait for the BACKEND team to finish their work on their ticket. When the first team is done, they tell the FRONTEND team, and the frontend team will start working on their part of the job. This, of course, is not optimal, because the first team will often forget to tell the other team after they are done. It's up to me to keep an eye on their tickets to see what's marked as RESOLVED and then trigger the start of the work on the Frontend court.
How can we do this better (without re-engineering the whole organization and the way our teams are organized)? Is there any way to automate this handout with Jira?
Thank you a lot!
Some remarks: 1. Both teams are already big enough to be separated. One big team would be too big to be properly managed. 2. I'll add more remarks as I think of them ;)