Yes it is possible to take a 3 day course and pass the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam and yes the above comments of a brain dump (PPT Slide Dump) are correct.
This is why less than 5% of people who have a PRINCE2 Cert ever use as don't know how. They just want to pass the exam and don't care about learning PRINCE2. What a Waste :-(
My suggestion: Classroom Training
If your company pays for a classroom course, then take it. But do about 6-8 hours of homework and you will get a lot more from the course.
1) The PRINCE2 Timeline video (20 mins): (Search "PRINCE2 Timeline" on Youtube)
- This video offers a simple high-level introduction to a PRINCE2 Project
- This is the best introduction to PRINCE2
2) PRINCE2 Process Model video (60 mins): (Search "PRINCE2 Pre-Course" on Youtube)
- Also available in Book, Audio & Q&A formats (80 Q&A)
- This is similar to the above Timeline video but more detailed
3) Running a PRINCE2 Project: http://bit.do/P2Trello
- These video will show you how to use PRINCE2 to run a simple project
- This give you a more practical approach to learning PRINCE2
My suggestion: Online Training
- See www.prince2(.)center - List of online PRINCE2 Foundation Courses
- Choose a course that offers more than just PPT slides with a voice over