I am coordinating a Project and it's been 6 months since I am working with a team of 9 resources. I've build trust and coordination with all but facing below problems with one of the member:
- For every task or change request requested by client, this member tries his best to avoid the work (giving so many reasons like technically not possible, client is asking again and again to do the change so I won't do, overestimating task/change request, etc) and it takes time and energy to convince this person to do the work.
- Clear specifications are given, even then no task is done right the first time, at least best case should work as per specifications. He need one person involved with him to check his work and suggest corrections. After 3-4 rounds of corrections, that work will be done
- Rather than providing a solution, always blaming others if some problem arises, saying it was not mentioned in specification, I was not given enough time to work on this task, tester did not check it properly, the problem is from other side (if he is doing front-end code, then without even checking say that bug is from back-end)
Negative behaviour towards other team members, trying to manage them and forcing them to work in his way
- I have observed some dishonesty towards work is there
- I have observed him treating people less experienced then him like they are kids and don't know anything
- Sometimes speaking in disrespectful manner
Conflicts arise with other team members which we resolve but we are putting a lot of time and not able to find the reason of this behaviour and hence no permanent solution.