I previously headed up a support and training team for a home-grown software product.
I have now moved into a product engineer/specialist role, within same company.
My background has been purely technical.
I want to be as ready as I can to move into this new role.
I have picked out some of the key duties from the job description, and I would like some advice on how I can prepare myself for this role.
e.g. Books, web-resources to read, experienced advice, etc.
- Act as a product evangelist
- Assist with onsite delivery of product.
- Analysing client requirements and developing software specifications based upon these
- Experience in Iterative (e.g. Scrum) software development models and methodologies
- Provide support to business development on tender responses
- Provide business analysis services around product development
- Develop consistent & high quality product documentation
- Develop product training materials
I will be reporting directly to the product manager.
1 dev lead, 4 devs, 2 testers, 10 in support, a marketing team and a bunch of people that will go on site to install the product.
Let me know if you need more details via Comments and ill edit/re-phrase.