Should we suggest the Independent technical review stage and ask the customer to consider the budget for it?
- decided the project plan with the Technical Architect/Solution Architect
- estimated it with the Engineering team
- delivered according to deadlines all requested features
- tested with QA engineers
- got some of the bug-report tickets from QA
- got some Tech Dept tickets from Devs
We trust our engineering team, but how to be sure of the correctness of the result and help them to improve the technical staff on all levels?
So, the technical report from the independent technical specialist looks like a good way to get a detailed report about the correctness of decisions made at all levels and help our team to improve.
So, the main question is: we have already hired excellent specialists who have done an excellent job, so why would we hire another specialist with a higher level as an independent reviewer for a detailed assessment of the current state of the project?
Would be nice to find some research about:
- is it a good practice?
- how often engineering teams use the reports from Independent technical reviewers?