I have worked at a company in the United Kingdom for 4+ years and for the last year have worked under a Product Owner for 3 SaaS products. An opportunity has arisen were I have been offered the Product Owner role for these 3 products and have been asked to put forward a promotional case and salary expectation.
I am unsure of the salaries these kind of roles achieve and would welcome anyone's point of view who may have been in this position before or had experience in this role.
As a starting point a quick review on Glassdoor suggest an average salary of £52,204 a year but the variability in these salaries is very large and I imagine many factors come into play.
To help provide a little more context I have added a list of caveats below which might help:
- I have no background in Product development or SaaS products other than the year I have spent under the current product owner.
- I know these products and the particular market really well and have a good understanding of what our clients need.
- I have no Product Owner qualifications or certification.
- I am educated to masters degree level but in a totally irrelevant subject.
- We are a small company of approximately 30 people but looking to expand rapidly.
- The 3 SaaS products are not completely independent of each other and one is a fairly mature product.