Proper Scrum implementation requires three things:
- an experienced Scrum Master,
- a mature team, and
- management who give the Scrum Team some breathing space.
In most organizations there is one or two of these present but rarely all three together.
- Having just an experienced Scrum Master is great, but the rest of the Scrum Team won’t have the mastery to complete Scrum processes such as estimates effectively.
- Having a mature team is fine, but without the guiding and challenging hand of the Scrum Master they can’t produce increments as effectively.
- Having good management is fine, but they need direction and guidance from the Scrum Master to really understand the agile process.
Interested to hear your thoughts on what proper scrum implementation requires