I'm evaluating the use of iPad for meeting minutes.
PS : I've read this question : How effective will be an iPad to take Meeting Minutes?
My question is here HOW to use an iPad effectively (which app, etc...) and not IF an iPad is a suitable tool to do this
Current tooling and process :
As presenter : I use my laptop to present the powerpoint, and I take notes on a notepad (pen&paper). I then do retranscriptions of the minutes on MS OneNote and I send the minutes in a mail. I also publish the notes on MS Word 2007 format for storage on network drive / sharepoint to allow access to third parties.
As an attendee : I use my laptop with MS OneNote directly, and follow the same publishing process as above.
Drawings : from time to time I need to draw, for which I exclusively use my notepad.
So far I rank this usage as follows :
- ++Digital notes allow me to search my notes. I have to do a lot of business interviews, and this saves me a lot of time when trying to retrieve info in the mass of data I've gathered
- ++OneNote provide quite good organization
- ++Notepad offers good versatility for drawing
- --still relying on paper notes for meeting where I'm the presenter, so still wasting time to do retranscription
I'm wondering regarding the iPad, and I have the following questions :
- I would need to sync notes to my laptop (over 3G or mail), so evernote seems to be a very good choice. Are there other ?
- Do you recommand a specific keyboard (I'm afraid manual notes will be unreadable, and I type faster than I write
- Is stylus worthwhile for drawing ? Which app do you recommend for drawings ?