I've recently been offered my first position as a development manager. I would be taking over a team of 4 at a small software development shop with the mission of creating structure, and improving efficiency/process. I'm seriously considering the offer, and would like to hear your comments or additions to my list below.
- Meet the team
- introduce myself and my values
- start positive relationships.
- Learn about the product, and employees, both developers and executives.
- Get a feel for the way things currently work.
- Decide which agile methodologies are best suited for the environment
- install and configure tools to track progress and improve quality
- Train management and staff on Agile principles
- Create a backlog as Stories
- Run first sprint