We are using JIRA to manage our tasks and to allow our client to review the progress and decides what to do next. Our developers are logging their work pretty accurately.
Ideally our workflow would be the following:
- Client asks for a new feature.
- We create a JIRA task, assign it to a free developer and do our time estimation and also evaluate how much per hour the client will pay (depends on complexity of the task and experience of the developers).
- After some period (a month, or maybe when the new stable version is released) the client gets our report of how many hours each developer has worked and how much the client has to pay.
- there is no "payment for hour" field for the task (this field should be visible only to project admins and the client).
- there is no plugin or feature, which could use the logged hours
multiplied by hour rate for each task and generate a report since the date when the client did the last payment.
Because of this, we did some parallel bookkeeping in Excel, but it just seems wrong and takes too much time.
Is there any JIRA plug-in (or any application which uses JIRA database directly) that could help us with such reports?