It's being rather a tough choice on selecting projects. (Different case from what I had posted before.) Now in the scenario if there is Project A and B. Only one project can be executed and that has to be chosen. Both are given the same resources, costing/budgeting. Project A would generate revenue of 100$, and senior management would be happy. Project B will make 60$, increased productivity for staff and senior management will be happy as well.
TMS = Top management Satisfaction UWE = User Workflow Efficiency Increased
| PROJECT | RESOURCES | COST | REVENUE | TMS | UWE | ---------------------------------------------------- | A | r100 | 30 | 100 | Yes | No | | B | r100 | 30 | 60 | Yes | Yes |
Which project should be choosen and how to justify it?
Here is what I came up with and chose Project B, because:
- The project that can be delivered in shorter period of time.
- As staff is trained to and their workflow are more productive, they will increase the revenue generation in the long run not only for today.
- 100$ seems like one time project and doesn't seem to have an impact on the company's business operations and backbone or users.
- Probably Project B could leave re-usable prototypes, artifacts.
- The project that uses development tools that doesn't have a high frequency of new versions coming in but stable plus possible to adapt to future changes in the business model and processes.
There will be expertise answers out there and mine could have loop holes. Hence please throw some perspective or any guidance/article that could support better justification.