Using MS Project 2010, if you click Project->Reports, you have a number of very useful reports, but it seems like the only thing you can do is print them. Can you save them to a file?
This Microsoft article - Export Project data to another file format explains how to use the file->save as command to export Project data to another file format:
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save as type box, select the file format you want to export data to.
- To export project data to a SQL Server or Oracle Server format, click ODBC, and then continue with step 5.
- In the File name box, type a name for the exported file. Click Save.
- Follow the instructions in the Export Wizard to export the data you want into the proper fields of the destination file.
There's also some notes and FYI's that you may want to read as well.