I'm going to manage my first project that is really a small stream of an even greater project, and my boss said that I could make my own schedule and plans etc.
I have a couple of questions, I need some help with:
- When it comes to organizing meetings, is one meeting per week enough?
- How often do I need to catch-up with developers?
- Do I need to come by once a day and check-up on their status?
- What kind of planning should I do?
- What is the best way to plan the projects development status?
- What should I avoid when I'm about to do planning?
My background: I have been doing a great amount of Resource Management and Project Coordination before taking on this role, and before that I had been an IT Engineer, but it all changed when I decided to switch careers and started my part-time MBA.