This tag is for questions about the USAGE or IMPLEMENTATION of materials or practices used by project managers to support their work-flow. As a superset tag, the "tools" tag should not be used when there's another, more-specific tag available. This tag should not be used for software recommendations, which are off-topic on this site per the Help Center guidelines.
Tools is a Superset
The tools tag is a superset. If another tag is more appropriate or more narrowly-targeted, please consider using that tag instead.
Good tagging examples with tools
- "Should QA have a column on the kanban?"
- "I am using Some Proprietary Tool™, and currently calculate man-hours manually. How can I include man-hours automatically in the burn-down report?"
- "On my project, all tasks need to be estimated in Roman numerals. How can I enforce this requirement?"
Bad tagging examples
- "Help! Some Proprietary Tool™ gives me an internal server error. What do I do?"
- "I want to ensmallen therbligs on my project. What tools are available for that?"
- "I have an iPhone. Is there an app for..."
- "What do other people use for..."